Good morning everyone! I have done alot of ship research and now I need to get into researching our Ports of Call. So, I am starting with our first - Nassau! Royal Caribbean offers alot of excursions that you can book through them for various things on Nassau. However, in my research, I found a unique and cheaper way to get into the Atlantis resort and enjoy the day there.
Apparently you can book a room for a 1-night stay at the Comfort Suites that is adjacent to Atlantis and get into the Atlantis resort cheaper than if you paid for the Atlantis Aquaventure tour through Royal Caribbean or bought an Atlantis day-pass to use their facilities. I checked rates at the hotel for 7/23 (the day we will be there) and the rate is $250 for the room. The Comfort Inn serves a hot breakfast so you could grab breakfast at the hotel and then head over to Atlantis for a day of sun and fun.
You will get a wristband to get into Atlantis and then you will have access to all of their facilities including swimming pools, private beach, magnificent waterscapes, Lazy River Ride, water slides, health spa, tennis and Kids Camps.
www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-nassau-bahamas-BS003?promo=gcsbs003&seg=swsvm7Hwnpmte&aid=7589467360&pkw=comfort%20inn%20nassau%20bahamas&tid=1547io110495
In comparison, the Royal Caribbean Aquaventure which gets you access to much of the same things (without the breakfast at the hotel which means you would have to grab something onboard the ship before you leave) costs $159/adult and $115/child. So, by renting a room you can save quite a bit of money.
By going this route, it also means we would have to plan for transportation to the resort and the going rate from what I understand for a taxi is $4/person. So that is not bad.
Our ship arrives in Nassau at 7:00 a.m. and departs at 3:00 p.m. that afternoon. Of course, you have to be back on board by 2:00 p.m.! Please don't forget that and end up being late!!!
The Comfort Inn also has a pool and sundeck if you want a break from the waterslides for a while.
So, think about it. I will be discussing with John to see whether this is an option we will be considering!
Happy planning everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment